Ftgen in an instrument
jpff
2014-10-09 12:36:37 UTC
ftgenonce?
s: O
Hi,
[Warning] Warning
Although Csound will not protest if ftgen is used inside instr-endin
statements, this is not the intended or supported use, and must be handled
with care as it has global effects. (In particular, a different size usually
leads to relocation of the table, which may cause a crash or otherwise
erratic behaviour.)
So, I imagine what you want is to use ftgen statements outside of instr
defs, but obviously still within orchestra code...that's certainly how I've
always used it! :)
Best,
AKJ
Send bugs reports to
https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
Send
Steven Yi
2014-10-09 12:49:03 UTC
I use ftgen in instruments. I wrote an article a while back about
creating encapsulated instruments[1] that shows the general technique
using ftgen with chnget/chnset.

[1] - http://www.csounds.com/journal/2006winter/encapsulatedInstruments.html

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Oeyvind Brandtsegg
...or ftgentmp
Post by jpff
[...]
Oeyvind Brandtsegg
Professor of Music Technology
NTNU
7491 Trondheim
Norway
Cell: +47 92 203 205
http://flyndresang.no/
http://www.partikkelaudio.com/
http://soundcloud.com/brandtsegg
http://soundcloud.com/t-emp
Michael Gogins
2014-10-09 12:54:34 UTC
Use ftgenonce, which is designed for this use. See the manual entry for
ftgenonce for an explanation and example.

Regards,
Mike

Michael Gogins
Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
Hi all,
I tried to insert a ftgen declaration, not only in the orchestra part, but
in an instrument itself. This works, but unloads and reloads the ftable at
WARNING: replacing previous ftable 1
Is there a way to avoid these unload-reload operations, or is my idea to
insert a ftable directly in an instrument not recommended ?
Greatings,
Sergio
--
http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Ftgen-in-an-instrument-tp5737845.html
Send bugs reports to
https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
csound"
COCHEDELAFERTE
2014-10-09 14:07:57 UTC
Hi, all,

Great thank's to all. I'll learn the several proposed solutions and report
here. Can take some days but, as i see, the question have an interest.

Really thank's again,

Sergio

COCHEDELAFERTE
2014-10-11 14:21:49 UTC
Hi all,

OK : ftgenonce is perfect for my actual needs ; ftgentmp deletes the ftable
after each note, that means it must be used in certain particular cases.
Thank's also, Steven, for your explanation about encapsulated instruments.

Greatings, and thank's to all for this help.